Still, the pandemic has drastically altered how we seek treatments for our hair, with many people preferring to indulge themselves in the comfort of their homes. If you’re in the latter group and looking for a keratin treatment, find at home keratin treatments. They’ll not just reduce time and cost, but they could even be healthier for your hair. Are you still not convinced?
Do you remember the moment when keratin hit the haircare market a decade ago? Years ago? It was a significant influencer in the beauty industry’s massive storm, with customers flocking to salons to get the sought-after smoothing treatment that eliminated frizz and improved shine for a semi-permanent time.
How to Use Keratin Treatment at Home?
Here’s a step-by-step guide to assist you in making the keratin treatment at home. This way, you’re able to give your locks a massive refresh.
- Shampoo your hair: Cleanse your hair with the best keratin shampoo for complimentary beneficial ingredients if your hair is straight, rinse it twice; if you have curly hair take at least one wash.
- Massage the treatment into your hair: Dry your hair with a gentle touch, but leave some moisture for your hair to absorb the medicine quickly. Apply the keratin treatment. Start at the tips and work upwards. Make sure to stop at a distance of one inch from the hair’s scalp. Use a gentle massage to your hair using the product.
- Let the treatment sit on your locks for 30 mins: The product remains in your hair; comb your locks with a large hair comb. After that, allow the treatment to stay in your hair for an hour.
- Rinse your hair: Thoroughly to ensure there’s no product residue remaining on your hair, as this can cause hair dandruff.
- Dry your hair and straighten your hair: Blow dry your hair while you brush. After drying, divide your hair into sections and ensure that the keratin is locked in by ironing each section thoroughly. Iron your hair one area at a stretch to ensure the heat is evenly distributed.
- Hold hair dry and wait for 48 hours before washing: The keratin treatment has more time to penetrate your hair and perform its magic. Be sure not to tie one’s hair around your ears. Or tie it. Keep it in place and straight.
- Wash: Shampoo and conditioner within 48 hours, you will be able to shampoo your hair. Make use of conditioner and conditioner.